Saturday, March 6, 2010

Interior Design by J.Crew

I've previously shared my belief that a home could be designed straight from the pages of the J.Crew Catalog in my column, The Inspired Home. Mickey Drexler's genius has made this mallSpot a truly inspired place in American fashion and design. In the age of mall-melancholy, this sparkling jewel continues to be one of my leading indicators of where home furnishings trends are, should be, and are going. The color palette(s) alone get me weak in the knees.

So, when I happened upon the home page profile of J.Crew designer, Molly Carey...there was yet another interior design palette in that amazing piece of art adorning her neck. A few clicks forward led me to Molly's one-of-kind repurposed pieces...and this starting point for creating a beautiful room.

Postscript. J.Crew's brilliant In Good Company gives all indications that this so-smart retailer is moving in the direction of a full lifestyle store. Could CrewHome be far behind?

No comments: