Saturday, March 27, 2010

A daily dose. 88orange.

Andy and Heather found us. I opened the body butter sample and swooned. I logged on to the website and heard Bill Withers "Lovely Day" and knew we were a match. 88orange has arrived and it is simply perfect. Eau de parfum, body butter and soy candle. It has taken a long time for me to find "my [new] fragrance."

For years, it was Fracas. Then a private label scent for Barneys called Clean [not that Clean]. Moved to Boston's Exeter Street and turned the corner to find the original fresh store and became hooked on Hesperides. Did a short stint with Jo Malone's Lime Blossom. Then fresh became a part of our shop's assortment and Sugarbath Lemon has been it for years [it even weathered a love-loss with fresh, now big and corporate and not-so-nice].

Now "it" is 88orange and I have Andy and Heather to thank. Think sweet tangerine & fresh pressed Organic orange blossoms, touched by cool water lily and clean lilac. The scent reminds me of summer trips to Santa Monica with my grandmother. The body butter is dense and rich. The eau de parfum is crisp. The candle is, well...summer. 88? The ideal size of an orange to take to market. The packaging is built to give.

Postscript. It seemed only fitting to find out that Andy [in CA] and I share a mutual friend, Lori [shopgirl like me in NJ]. Lori is half of the dynamic duo at Little Cricket Antiques & Vintage Inspired Goods.

No comments: