Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This Calls for a Jetsetter Intervention.



Finding myself in desperate need of an escape. So much so that I have begun obsessively checking Jetsetter each hour for fear I may miss the latest luxury locale available for mere minutes at a fraction of the cost. Maldives was a steal [if not for the multi-grand airfare].

Tonight I find myself dwelling on unexpected luxury dwellings. A previous infatuation with yurts has oddly turned to teepees. Yurts...from the desert of The Story of the Weeping Camel to that perched in the hills above LA...are cool. Imagine the well-appointed interior of a lakeside yurt retreat for weekend escapes. No?

Ok, then. Teepees. Give these a glance at Dunton Hot Springs in Colorado. Ghost town turned luxury hideaway for heli-skiing, fly-fishing and gourmet communal dinners. However, I suspect my vision of a secluded week in the Rockies might be dampened with the first cowgirl sauntering up to the yoga cabin in a pair of Lululemons.

Can we really get away? We certainly can try. Hurry...this event ends in 42 minutes.

No comments: